Books on Different languages
Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary
- The most authoritative Italian bilingual dictionary available, with 300,000 words and phrases, and 450,000 translations
- Clear and accessible colour layout to help navigate entries
- Hundreds of new words and updated translations in Italian and English
- The 7,000 most frequently used words in Italian are highlighted to help you learn essential vocabulary
- Even more information for students on their year abroad, or those working in Italian or English: from letters and CVs, to texting and telephoning, and much more
- New and updated cultural notes to learn more about life in Italian- and English-speaking countries
- Discover more on oxforddictionaries.com, Oxford's home for dictionaries and language reference
The third edition of the Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary is the most complete and up-to-date Italian dictionary available, now with a colour design and layout. With over 300,000 words and phrases, and 450,000 translations, and packed full of grammatical and usage information for both languages, it is the most authoritative Italian bilingual dictionary available. Developed through consultation with academic advisors, it has been compiled using the latest technology to search millions of words of web-based text identifying the most recent additions to Italian and English, and changes in usage.
Hundreds of new words and updated translations have been added in both Italian and English, covering subjects from politics and industry to techology and ecology. Additionally, the 7,000 most frequently used words in Italian are highlighted to help you learn essential vocabulary.
New and updated cultural notes provide lively and interesting information on life in the Italian-speaking and English-speaking worlds.
This edition also includes an extensive guide to correspondence, which includes sample letters, emails, CVs, and help with text messaging. There are notes throughout the A-Z text to warn of sensitive vocabulary, to alert you to key differences between Italian and English, and to show how words such as with and before are used in different contexts.
This edition retains such popular features as quick-reference verb tables, and lists of vocabulary on topics such as seasons, rivers, and sports. It is an indespensible reference tool for all serious students of Italian at university level and beyond, and for those who need an authoritative and comprehensive guide to Italian.
Explore our language resources on oxforddictionaries.com, Oxford's home for dictionaries and language reference. Updated regularly with the latest changes to words and meanings, the site provides hundreds of thousands of definitions, synonyms, and pronunciations in a range of languages. Access the highest quality language content, built from our extensive research, for free on your desktop or device.
Readership: The top-of-the-range Italian dictionary for language professionals, academics, language students, and anyone working with Italian.