Lonely Planet Discover Hawaii the Big Island (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike through the smoking craters of Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, stargaze at Mauna Kea, or snorkel with colorful fish in Kealakekua Bay; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of the Big Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, music, politics, landscape, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 31 color local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Family Travel, and Outdoor Activities & Adventures
- Coverage of Kona, Waimea, Puna, Kailua-Kona, Hamakua Coast, Kilo, Ka'u, Hilo, Kohala, Mauna Kea, Saddle road, Onomea Bay, Kealakekua Bay, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travelers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colorful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Hawaii Travel Guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.